Sometimes we all need a taste of something a little different – Why not try this Mushroom & Wild Rice Fritter recipe for a delightful snack?
The recipe is served with dill sour cream.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 400g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
For the sour cream sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Capers, for garnish
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the shallot until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms have lost most of their water and begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wild rice, eggs, flour, and cheddar. Mix well.
- Add in the cooked mushrooms and mix.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick or cast iron pan.
- Use a ⅓ cup measure to help scoop the fritter mixture into the pan in even quantities.
- Do not move the fritter mixture for a few minutes to allow it to set.
- Fry the fritters until golden brown on both sides.
- While the fritters are cooking combine the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped dill. Mix well and set aside.
- To serve the fritters, swish a small amount of sour cream sauce on a plate.
- Place fritters on top and garnish capers, fresh dill and mint.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Wild Rice Fritter Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.