Continuing with our Green Monday SA vegan vibes, we’ll be giving you more and more recipes that you can try for your meat-free adventures. This one is a Vegan Mushroom Chickpea Vegan Pasta Recipe, courtesy of Happy Earth People for the HSI / Africa team. Serves 4-6.
- 1 onion
- 1 medium sized butternut
- 2cups veg stock
- 1⁄4cup fresh or dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 packet of mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Fresh or dried chilli (optional)
- 1 bag Happy Earth People chickpea pasta
- Prepare butternut and cut into cubes. Steam the butternut in 4 cups boiling water (keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn’t burn)
- In a separate pot sauté onion, garlic, thyme and spices in coconut oil to form a paste.
- Slice the mushrooms, add them into the pot with the paste making sure all the mushrooms are evenly coated in the paste.
- Add salt and pepper. Leave to cook on a low heat with the lid on.
- Once the butternut is soft. Add it to the remaining water that it steamed with; add the coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Season the mixture and mix it into the aromatic mushroom mixture. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook Happy Earth People chickpea pasta in boiling water with some salt (or even a bay leaf)
- Plate up. Enjoy!
And there you go, a simple and delicious Mushroom & Chickpea Vegan Pasta Recipe. Want more Happy Earth People goodness? Check this out. We’ll be back next week with more vegan Green Monday fun!