We’re continuing our recipe development series with the Sous Chef Cooking Shop in the UK to bring you some more original recipes. Last week we showcased a delicious vegan Miso Aubergine recipe, and this week we’ve got a gluten-free and vegan Beetroot Wild Rice recipe for you.
The Beetroot Wild Rice recipe below is for 2-3 servings. Feel free to adapt quantities as needed.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 450g cooked beetroot
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)*
- 3 tbsp Yuzu*
- 240g edamame beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the wild rice until the water that comes through is clear.
- Place the wild rice in a saucepan in the ratio of 1:3 – rice to water. Bring to boil. Turn down heat to medium/low and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, place your beets, coconut milk and Yuzu in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil and cook your edamame beans as per instructions (I used frozen ones. Cooked for about 5-8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Once all the water has evaporated or your rice is cooked, mix in the beetroot/coconut milk sauce, edamame beans and heat through.
[Looking for more great ways to start your year and make 2020 the best year yet? Read up on our 20 Ways To Live A Better 2020.]
*Yuzu and coconut milk gifted by Sous Chef.
All I Love Foodies Original Recipes in the UK are created by Kassandra Bruni. Keen to check out some of our other recipes? Last year we partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online for healthy and delicious treats! Check out our full Recipes Archive.
All information correct at time of publication. We do not accept any liability caused by errors, including, but not limited to, changes in price, menu, opening times, address, or other contact details.
All images, unless otherwise stated, belong to I Love Foodies and may not be used for social media, websites, or any other form of advertising without written consent, unless an image is re-posted to directly advertise and link to this review, and with credit given to @ilovefoodiesldn.