This delicious truffle mushroom steak will rock your world.
A steak doesn’t always need an actual sauce.
This luxurious combo of truffle oil and pan-fried large brown mushrooms on a perfectly cooked matured steak are the stuff dreams are made of.
Recipe serves 1.
Adjust accordingly for more people.
- 300 g aged steak of your choice, boneless
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt & pepper
- 30 g butter
- A few large brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, woody stalks discarded
- A few drops of truffle oil (or truffle flavoured oil)
- Drizzle the steak with oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Braai over hot coals or grill in a piping hot griddle pan, until cooked to your liking (3.5 minutes a side for a 3 cm thick steak for medium-rare).
- Remove and leave to rest while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Heat the butter over high heat in a pan, then fry the mushrooms with the thyme until golden brown on all sides. Season with salt & pepper. Remove from the heat, then add a few drops of truffle oil and stir to mix.
- Top the rested steak with the hot truffle mushrooms and serve at once.
Truffle Mushroom Steak Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.