If you’re looking for a delicious treat, this tandoori mushroom naan recipe will have you covered.
You will need to have pre-bought ready-made naan bread to create this recipe. Though, of course, you can always make it yourself.
We don’t have a recipe for this ourselves, but you can check out the AllRecipes Naan Recipe for some inspiration. You can also use this Red Basket Food Naan Premix if you’re in South Africa & want to make life a little easier.
Unfamiliar with naan? Naan, in a nutshell, is an overn-baked flatbread that’s common in Asian and Indonesian cuisine.
It’s often eaten as an accompaniment to curries, but is also very delicious on its own.
The tandoori mushroom naan recipe below will convert plain naan breads into a delicious feast. Recipe serves 2.
- 15ml red wine vinegar
- 5ml sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 readymade naan breads
- 10ml olive oil
- Salt & milled black pepper
- 15ml oil
- 10ml ginger, finely grated
- 5ml garlic, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 30ml tandoori curry paste
- 100ml smooth cream cheese
- 15ml white and/or black toasted sesame seeds
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Some lime wedges
- Put the vinegar, sugar and onion slices in a non-metallic bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the naan breads on a baking sheet, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a pan and gently fry the ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tandoori curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- To assemble, spread the cream cheese over the warm naan bases. Drain the onions and scatter over the naans. Top with mushrooms, sesame seeds, and fresh coriander.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Tandoori Mushroom Naan Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.