We originally created this pumpkin-spiced pots recipe for Thanksgiving but, honestly, enjoying a delicious pumpkin dessert is always a good idea.
We’ve sub-divided this recipe into various sections – pumpkin butter, pumpkin spice, pecan crumb, and coconut whipped cream – and have included ingredients and methods for each. These are the individual components of the pumpkin-spiced pots recipe. At the end of this article, you’ll find instructions on how to assemble your pumpkin-spiced pots using all of the various sections.
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (pumpkin only)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients in a pot over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
- Once it begins bubbling, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, lemon juice for acidity, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for warmth, or salt to balance the flavours.
- Let cool.
- 4 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, black pepper and cardamom.
- 8-10 pitted Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup pecans (approximately 85g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until crumbly and combined.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Chill can overnight in the refrigerator – the fat separates from the water.
- Scoop the hardened coconut cream into a mixing bowl, leaving water behind.
- Whip with a hand mixer until light peaks form.
- Optionally sweetening with coconut sugar (2-3 tsp) – whip further until dissolved.
ASSEMBLING YOUR DESSERT POTS
The Final Steps To The Pumpkin-Spiced Pots Recipe
- Divide crunchy bits between 2-4 small serving glasses or ramekins (2 for big ones and 4 for smaller ones), reserving a small amount for topping (2 Tbsp) or using pecans for the top.
- Top with a generous portion (1/4 cup or 50 g) pumpkin butter and tap to settle.
- Top with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream and tap to settle.
- Finally, top with another layer of pumpkin butter, then one more layer of coconut whipped cream. Tap to settle.
- Top with crunchy bits or pecans as decoration.
This recipe is a partnership between I Love Foodies and Buy Whole Foods Online, who sponsored some of the essential ingredients. Looking for more of our Buy Whole Foods Online recipes? Our previous one was a Roasted Sunflower Seed Butter! Also, check out our full Recipes Archive here.