Be prepared for your next snack-mergency with this Mushroom Tapenade recipe.
This recipe makes 2 medium-sized jars of delicious tapenade.
- 500 g mixed mushrooms (half portabellini, half white button)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g kalamata olives, pitted
- 50 g walnuts or pecans
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful Italian parsley, stalks removed
- Toasted sourdough for serving
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and fry the mushrooms until they have released all of their water and begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, along with the rest of the ingredients, into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process and pulse until you get a fine mixture – but do not over-mix into a paste.
- Serve the tapenade with slices of hot sourdough toast and an extra sprinkle of chilli flakes.
Mushroom Tapenade Recipe
This Mushroom Tapenade Recipe is courtesy of the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association (SAMFA), a group of farmers who grow and love mushrooms.
They share their passion by promoting all varieties of mushrooms, creating unique recipes that showcase the many flavour profiles of mushrooms, and engaging in charity campaigns that make the world a better place.
These powerful little foods are packed with nutrients and fibres, have very few calories, and are an excellent source of plant protein. If spiced right, they even make a great meat replacement!
We’ve shared dozens of SAMFA recipes, which you can access in our full Recipes Archive. You may just find your next delicious meal there!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored recipe that also contains some independent affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your love and support.