Try this delightful Mushroom-Stuffed Avocado recipe as your next side or light meal.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 200g baby button mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red pepper
- Handful fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 fresh chilli, finely diced
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
How To Make Stuffed Avocados – Method
- Slice the baby buttons into quarters and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Brunoise or finely dice the red pepper and add it to the mix.
- Finely slice the basil and add it to the bowl along with the olive oil, basil pesto, vinegar, fresh chilli, and a good amount of salt and pepper. Toss everything until well coated.
- Slice the avos in half and carefully peel them and remove the pips. Cut a small piece off the bottom of each half so that they can sit flat on a plate.
- Brush the avo halves generously all over with lemon juice.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into each half and serve with an extra wedge of lemon.
Mushroom-Stuffed Avocado Recipe Notes
This Mushroom-Stuffed Avocado recipe is courtesy of the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association (SAMFA), a group of farmers who grow and love mushrooms.
They share their passion by promoting all varieties of mushrooms, creating unique recipes that showcase the many flavour profiles of mushrooms, and engaging in charity campaigns that make the world a better place.
These powerful little foods are packed with nutrients and fibres, have very few calories, and are an excellent source of plant protein. If spiced right, they even make a great meat replacement!
We’ve shared dozens of SAMFA recipes, which you can access in our full Recipes Archive. You may just find your next delicious meal there!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored recipe that also contains some independent affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your love and support.