Sometimes, all you need is a simple recipe that will still delight your tastebuds – this Mushroom & Halloumi Skewer Recipe, served with mint salsa verde, will do just that.
Halloumi is a semi-hard cheese with a salty flavour that has a very high melting point, making it an excellent choice for anything grilled or fried. That’s why you’ll often find it as the cheese of choice in recipes, like these mushroom & halloumi skewers, where cheese with a lower melting point is unsuitable.
These skewers are a great addition to your next outdoor barbeque, but they also taste great simply prepared in the oven as a starter or vegetarian main meal.
Recipe serves 4.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 20 g fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 20 g fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Grated rind & juice of a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, whole or halved
- 250 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 medium yellow peppers, sliced into squares
For the salsa verde:
- Put the olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon rind & juice, and some salt & pepper into a small blender.
- Blend to a smooth pulp.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the skewers:
- Assemble the skewers by arranging chunks of mushrooms, halloumi, and yellow pepper together.
- Grill over hot coals or bake in a very hot oven at 220℃ for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle with salsa verde and serve at once.
Mushroom & Halloumi Skewer Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.