This mushroom gravy recipe will serve you well no matter what dish you’re serving.
It goes particularly well with steaks, pork dishes, or potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced portabellini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750ml) mushroom or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté mushrooms and onions until they are nicely browned. A
- dd in garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in stock and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce to a simmer. Simmer until thickened, then remove from heat.
- Add in the fresh thyme leaves and season to taste.
Mushroom Gravy Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.