Looking for the perfect warming meal? Then try this delicious Mushroom Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. Using a range of gorgeous mushrooms, this recipe certainly adds a gourmet twist to your Chicken Noodle original.
Ever wondered why Chicken Noodle soup is a common flu remedy? Studies show that the ingredients used in basic chicken noodle soup recipes really can help beat the common cold and help you feel better. The warm broth provides hydration and clears your nasal cavities, the chicken is packed with protein, the noodles fill you up, and the range of hearty vegetables provide tons of immune-boosting vitamins and antioxidants.
Recipe serves 6.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2½ cups selection of mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 20g dried porcini
- 4 scallions, sliced, with white and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp. peeled & grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups of water
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 170g buckwheat noodles
- 2 cups shredded & cooked chicken
- 200g baby bok choy, with the ends trimmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Tenderstem, blanched
- Mangetout, sliced
- Baby radish & carrot
- Fresh ginger, finely sliced
- Selection of mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, dried porcini, white scallion parts, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the buckwheat noodles to the pot and cook at a boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and bok choy and cook 2 minutes more, until noodles are tender and bok choy is wilted and slightly softened. Stir in the lime juice and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Top with your selection vegetables, stir through the veg to heat & soften with the broth and enjoy!
This mushroom chicken noodle soup recipe is part of our Swan Blog Winter Warmer recipe series. The previous recipe in this series is the Sweet Corn & Scallion Loaf with Homemade Ricotta. All Swan Blog Winter Recipes are created and photographed by Megan Kate Swan.
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.