Mushrooms are epic – but have you ever had a mushroom ceviche? This is a guaranteed delicious vegetarian twist of the fish staple. And this mushroom ceviche recipe has got you covered!
Recipe serves 4 – 6 people. You’re welcome to adjust ingredients for less or more, as desired.
- 45ml lemon juice
- 1 orange, finely grated zest and juice
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 250g fresh, firm, baby button mushrooms
- 60ml chilled vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5ml hot sauce (optional)
- 15ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 15ml olive oil
- Salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- Toasted pita wedges or nachos
- Place the lemon juice, orange juice and zest into a non-metallic mixing bowl.
- Add the red onion, stir and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stand for 5 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Drain away any excess liquid and serve the mushroom ceviche with pita toasts or nachos.
And there you go, a quick and easy mushroom ceviche recipe. It’s great as a snack, starter, or a full main course. Pair with other dishes as desired.
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We just completed a series of Ciao Gusto recipes, Sous Chef recipes, and, last year, we partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online for healthy and delicious treats! Check out our full Recipes Archive.