Try this delicious Mushroom & Cauliflower Kebab Recipe with spicy herb sauce as your next go-to meal.
This recipe makes 6 kebabs.
Spicy herb sauce:
- 80ml olive oil
- 1 whole jalapeño, chopped (deseeded if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large bunch coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 5 large portobello mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 stalks celery, cut into large chunks
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into chunky pieces
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Labneh, for serving
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in water or 6 metal skewers
Spicy herb sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Preheat braai to medium-high heat.
- Thread all vegetables onto 6 skewers, alternating as you go
- Brush vegetables generously with the spicy herb sauce.
- Place on the grill and cook, rotating often until the vegetables are tender.
- Brush with a fresh coating of herb sauce.
- Serve on a generous swish of labneh with a crisp side salad and enjoy!
Mushroom & Cauliflower Kebab Recipe Notes
This Mushroom & Cauliflower Kebab Recipe is courtesy of the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association (SAMFA), a group of farmers who grow and love mushrooms.
They share their passion by promoting all varieties of mushrooms, creating unique recipes that showcase the many flavour profiles of mushrooms, and engaging in charity campaigns that make the world a better place.
These powerful little foods are packed with nutrients and fibres, have very few calories, and are an excellent source of plant protein. If spiced right, they even make a great meat replacement!
We’ve shared dozens of SAMFA recipes, which you can access in our full Recipes Archive. You may just find your next delicious meal there!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored recipe that also contains some independent affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your love and support.