There’s nothing better than a good, hearty ramen bowl – try this Mushroom Broth Ramen recipe for a light and delicious twist to the warming classic.
Served with mushrooms and pork meatballs.
Recipe serves 4.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml mushroom stock
- 100g white miso paste
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (or any red chilli paste of your choice)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 250g portabellini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 baby bok choi, halved lengthwise
- 450g dried ramen noodles
- 2 large eggs
For the meatballs:
- 250g white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes, or more to taste
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 250g pork mince
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced spring onions
- Sliced red chillies
For the meatballs:
- Place mushrooms into a food processor and blitz until finely diced.
- Fry mushrooms in a pan with a little drizzle of olive oil to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add the mushrooms to a bowl and allow them to cool.
- Once mushrooms have cooled, add the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, salt, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, and egg. Mix well.
- Finally, add the pork mince and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Fry off the meatballs until golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
For the eggs:
- Boil eggs for 6,5 minutes and then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking.
- Set aside for serving.
For the ramen:
- Heat a little drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions.
- Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in both stocks and bring to a simmer.
- Add the miso paste and whisk it in until completely dissolved.
- Add the Gochujang, mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Whisk until the Gochujang dissolves.
- Add the mushrooms and baby bok choi.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender but retain some good texture.
- Turn broth down to low heat to keep warm.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Divide the noodles amongst 4 bowls.
- Plate 3 meatballs into each bowl and then divide the broth and veg between the bowls.
- Garnish with ½ an egg each, sesame seeds, spring onions and chilli.
Yum – enjoy!
Mushroom Broth Ramen Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.