Try this Halloumi & Mushroom Skewer recipe (wih mint salsa verde) for a quick dinner or delicious snack.
A great way to turn everyday veggie skewers into a delicious feast!
Recipe serves 4.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 punnet (20 g) fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 punnet (20 g) fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Grated rind & juice of a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, whole or halved
- About 250 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 medium yellow peppers, sliced into squares
For the salsa verde:
- Put the olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon rind & juice, and some salt & pepper into a small blender.
- Blend to a smooth pulp.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the skewers:
- Assemble the skewers by arranging chunks of mushrooms, halloumi, and yellow pepper together.
- Braai over hot coals or bake in a very hot oven at 220℃ for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle with salsa verde and serve at once.
Halloumi & Mushroom Skewer Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.