Try this delicious Greek-style Blended Mushroom Burger recipe.
Recipe developed by Godfrey Matsepe as part of the #BlendYourBurger challenge.
This recipe is for two patties/burgers.
- 40g fresh tomato
- 12g fresh parsley
- 300g beef mince
- 300g button mushrooms
- 1 slice stale white bread
- 1/2 large onion
- 3ml dry oregano
- 1ml ground cinnamon
- 1ml ground cumin
- 12ml olive oil
- 1ml baking powder
- 1ml salt
- Drench the slice of bread in water. Put aside.
- Grate the tomato & finely chop the parsley. Put aside.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and flash fry. Put aside.
- Fry onions in olive oil until soft. Put aside.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, onion, bread, spices, herbs, baking powder, chopped tomato, and parsley to the raw mince. Add seasoning to taste.
- Mix by hand, ensuring ingredients are well distributed
- Form the burger patty and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill or fry patty.
Serve on two toasted sesame buns and add 2 tablespoons of tzatziki over the patties.
Best served with a side salad and zucchini fries.
Greek-Style Blended Mushroom Burger Recipe Notes
This Greek-Style Blended Mushroom Burger Recipe is courtesy of the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association (SAMFA), a group of farmers who grow and love mushrooms.
They share their passion by promoting all varieties of mushrooms, creating unique recipes that showcase the many flavour profiles of mushrooms, and engaging in charity campaigns that make the world a better place.
These powerful little foods are packed with nutrients and fibres, have very few calories, and are an excellent source of plant protein. If spiced right, they even make a great meat replacement!
We’ve shared dozens of SAMFA recipes, which you can access in our full Recipes Archive. You may just find your next delicious meal there!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored recipe that also contains some independent affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your love and support.