Ever thought of making your own burgers? Homemade is the way to go – and it can be super easy and healthy to boot. Burgers are always deemed “unhealthy” – but it’s really about how you prepare them. And this gluten-free Moroccan Beef Burger recipe will show you just how easy it is to make healthy and delicious burgers at home.
A quick tip: Always opt for lean minced beef – its a good source of protein as well as iron, vitamin B12 and CoQ10.
As mentioned, this recipe is gluten-free and is served without a burger bun. You can, however, always opt to add in a beautifully toasted bun to enjoy a classic burger dish. Recipe serves 4.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 aubergine, very finely chopped
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup quinoa, boiled until cooked
- 2 handfuls of sprouts
- Sweat aubergine: Chop and lay it out on a paper towel, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry before cooking.
- Finely chop aubergine and onion and fry in coconut oil until cooked.
- Add 3 heaped Tbsp of the onion and aubergine to mince along with the egg and spices.
- Mix into the mince (do not over-mix).
- Shape into burger patties.
- Optional: Brush with soya sauce on both sides (this option is not gluten-free).
- Add to a hot pan/coals and fry for at least 3 minutes before turning over.
- Once cooked to your preference, remove from heat and prepare to plate.
- Spoon a serving of quinoa on to the middle of your plate.
- Top with a large spoonful of onion & aubergine mixture.
- Top with a burger patty.
- Then top with avocado and sprouts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Looking for more burger recipe ideas? Try some of these:
This Gluten-Free Moroccan Beef Burger recipe has been created by Finding Frost. Looking for more recipes? We’ve got a host of Burger Recipes and Gluten-Free Recipes. Also, check out our full Recipes Archives.