Try this delicious Double Mushroom Omelette recipe.
This recipe serves 4.
- 500 g mixed mushrooms (e.g white button & portabellini), sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed, diced
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 8 XL free-range eggs
- 4 tsp butter
- 100 g feta cheese
- ½ lemon
- Micro herbs for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Remove a large spoonful of mushrooms and set these aside for mixing into the eggs.
- To the remaining mushrooms, stir in shallot and garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender-crisp. Stir through peas until just cooked. Remove pan from heat, set filling aside and keep warm.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, 2 at a time. Add some of the reserved cooked mushrooms.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg and mushroom mixture and swirl to coat the base. Season the eggs. Cook the omelette for 1-2 minutes or until just set.
- Add a quarter of the warm filling to one side. Crumble over a quarter of the feta and give everything a little squeeze of lemon juice. Close the omelette and carefully slide it onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining eggs to make 4 omelettes.
Double Mushroom Omelette Recipe Notes
This Double Mushroom Omelette Recipe is courtesy of the South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association (SAMFA), a group of farmers who grow and love mushrooms.
They share their passion by promoting all varieties of mushrooms, creating unique recipes that showcase the many flavour profiles of mushrooms, and engaging in charity campaigns that make the world a better place.
These powerful little foods are packed with nutrients and fibres, have very few calories, and are an excellent source of plant protein. If spiced right, they even make a great meat replacement!
We’ve shared dozens of SAMFA recipes, which you can access in our full Recipes Archive. You may just find your next delicious meal there!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored recipe that also contains some independent affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your love and support.