Try this Curried Mushroom & Kale Quinoa Bowl recipe to add some excitement to your life and get in on the bowl trend.
Why are bowls so popular?
Actually, food bowls are not a new invention – they’ve been around for ages. But, they’ve become more and more popular, largely because they’re quite “photogenic” and work great for Instagram and food bloggers snapping away.
Ingredients of food bowls are often also super healthy, combining veggies and grains that not only look pretty but also offer tons of nutrition and health benefits.
So get in on the game at home and try this delicious curried mushroom bowl!
Recipe serves 4.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into petals
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 200g kale, roughly chopped
- 1x 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g white button mushrooms, sliced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Heat oil in a large buffet casserole over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper and onion. Cook briefly for the onion to soften.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the kale and cook until just wilted.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the peanut butter.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chickpeas and mushrooms. Stir well.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the mushrooms are cooked but retain some texture and bite.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze over the fresh lime juice.
- Serve in bowls over freshly cooked quinoa with extra lime wedges and plenty of fresh coriander.
Curried Mushroom & Kale Quinoa Bowl Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.