If you’re looking for the most delightful grilled chicken salad recipe, then this one – with a divine Savanna non-alcoholic apple cider dressing – is a must-try. It’s wonderfully lemony and full of zest to be perfect as a starter or even a meal on its own.
This recipe has been created by the wonderful Jenny Morris, better known as South Africa’s Giggling Gourmet. We had the chance to re-create the recipe in one of Jenny’s online cooking classes – which are definitely worth attending. Jenny is an absolute joy and always provides lots of giggles.
As with those recipes, the secret ingredient in this recipe is Savanna Cider. This grilled chicken salad recipe uses the Savanna non-alcoholic cider, which, together with the Willow Creek lemon-flavoured olive oil, adds that perfect lemony zest to the recipe.
- 1 cup red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage finely shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into julienne sticks
- 1/2 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions with tops thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Granny Smith apple with the skin on, cut into matchsticks (cover with 100 ml of the Savanna non-alcoholic cinder to prevent the apple discolouring)
- 1 tablespoon Willow Creek lemon-scented extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, butterflied
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour or cornflour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika or ground cumin
- 200 ml Savanna non-alcoholic cider
- 100 ml Willow Creek lemon-infused olive oil
- 2 cloves finely crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons mustard of your choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 yellow lemon
- Oil the chicken breast with the olive oil and rub in the garlic.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika/cumin
- Press the breast into the seasoned flour.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the breast on both sides until golden and cooked through, set aside.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
Assemble the salad:
- Toss together all the salad ingredients in a large bowl with half of the dressing
- Slice the chicken into strips and lather the chicken and salad onto a serving platter
- Spoon over the remaining dressing
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe Notes
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We’ve recently completed recipe collaborations with Ciao Gusto (Vegan Lasagna), Sous Chef (Vegan Banoffee Pie, Butter Bean Dip, South-East Asian Chicken Stew) and Buy Whole Foods Online (Mince Pies, Amaretto Date Balls, Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake).
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.