Winter is definitely upon on us and there’s no better way to keep warm during cold, rainy days than with a delicious soup. This Mushroom Cauliflower Soup recipe hits all the spots, with creamy cauliflower, tasty mushrooms, and oodles of cheddar cheese.
The soup is great as an appetiser for a dinner serving but can also make a great light meal for lunch or evenings. Recipe serves 2.
- 30 ml of butter
- 250 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated (optional)
- 300 g cauliflower, sliced
- 250 ml cream
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- A handful of chives, finely chopped
- Heat the butter in a medium-size pot over high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until they start to soften. Don’t let them get too dark, and set a few aside at this point for garnish at the end.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute, then add the cauliflower and cream. Cover and bring to a simmer, taking care not to let it boil over.
- Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Transfer to a blender, then blend until very smooth.
- Add the cheddar and season to taste.
- Serve hot, topped with more cheese, a few of the saved mushrooms, and scattered chives.
Want more soup recipes? Try these:
Mushroom Cauliflower Soup Notes
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We’ve recently completed recipe collaborations with Ciao Gusto (Vegan Lasagna), Sous Chef (Vegan Banoffee Pie, Butter Bean Dip, South-East Asian Chicken Stew) and Buy Whole Foods Online (Mince Pies, Amaretto Date Balls, Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake).
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.