Cutting back on carbs is quite the thing – and this carb-clever pizza recipe will help you achieve just that!
With a quick preparation time and just a little skill to get it right, you’ll be eating delicious low carb pizza in no time!
Recipe serves 4.
- 500g fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1-2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pizza toppings of your choice – we like mozzarella and peppers
- Heat the oven to 220°C. Fry the mushrooms in coconut oil, stirring often, until golden brown (about 5-8 minutes). You may have to do this in batches.
- Using your hands, thoroughly combine the mushrooms with the beef, onion, garlic, egg, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, or use a large round pizza stone.
- Flatten the meat and mushroom mixture onto the paper, about 1cm thick. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the toppings of your choice and return to the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Cut into slices and serve with a salad.
Carb Clever Pizza Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.