Making good food from scratch is a joy – and a blessing. So today we’re featuring this gorgeous Butter Bean, Miso, Saffron, and Orange Dip, which is simple and easy to make. This butter bean dip is best enjoyed with freshly-baked linseed bread, and we’ve included a recipe for that as well!
You’ll find the linseed bread recipe right below the butter bean dip recipe.
Butter Bean Dip Recipe
- Butter beans*
- Pinch of saffron*
- 40g miso*
- 1 orange and zest of it
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 or 1 garlic clove (depending on size) // crushed
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
- Zest your orange before you juice it and set aside.
- Add all ingredients (except for the orange zest) to a food processor and first pulse a few times until everything is combined. Then blend it all together.
- Put in a bowl and top with orange zest and a drizzle of olive oil (optional).
- Serve with linseed bread (see recipe below) or any other bread or vegetable sticks. Enjoy your dip.
Linseed Bread Recipe
- 230g linseeds (grind them in your Nutribullet/spice grinder)*
- 245ml warm water
- 4g salt
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven at 170ºC.
- Grease your loaf tin or baking tray.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Shape your dough (as that will be your final shaped bread) and place in the loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Then let it cool COMPLETELY before cutting. Try not to push on the top (as it will dent your loaf – I did that mistake the first time; oops). The steam makes it rise.
- Enjoy with this tasty dip.
*Ingredients marked by an asterisk gifted by Sous Chef UK.
The recipe was inspired by a recipe collaboration we undertook with Sous Chef UK. Butter beans, saffron, miso, and linseeds sponsored by Sous Chef UK. All I Love Foodies Original Recipes in the UK are created by Kassandra Bruni. Keen to check out some of our other recipes? Check out our full Recipes Archive.