Comfort snacks are the greatest, and this boerewors-stuffed mushroom recipe will hit all the right spots!
The recipe serves as snacks for 4 – 6 people.
You can double the portion size though and serve with side dishes if you want to do these mushrooms as a main meal.
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 250g boerewors, removed from casing
- 12 Portabellini mushrooms, cleaned, stalks removed and reserved
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 200°C. Heat coconut oil in a pan and brown the boerewors mince, stirring often (for about 7 minutes).
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks and add to the pan with the chilli. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese and parsley, and taste for seasoning.
- Pack into the 12 mushroom caps and bake for 8-10 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
Looking for more stuffed mushroom recipes? Try this Bacon-Stuffed Portabello Mushroom recipe.
Boerewors-Stuffed Mushroom Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.