There is nothing better than gorgeous battered mushrooms, and this beer-battered mushrooms recipe will take your creation to the next level.
These beer-battered mushrooms can be served on their own as a beautifully light yet satisfying snack, as a starter for the main meal, or as the perfect BBQ accompaniment.
Recipe serves 4.
- 500g mixed mushrooms, sliced and whole (portobello, portabellini & white button)
- 200g tempura flour
- 300ml very cold light beer (fruity light Weiss)
- 1L neutral cooking oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat cooking oil to 180˚C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tempura flour and cold beer, add a pinch of salt, and whisk until smooth.
- Dip each mushroom and allow the excess batter to drip off before being placed gently into the hot oil. Fry for 3-4 min or until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, aioli and mustard on the side.
Beer-Battered Mushrooms Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.