There’s nothing better than a hearty goulash. Try this Beef & Mushroom Goulash Recipe as an easy staple.
Recipe serves 6.
- 500g stewing beef
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 red peppers, cut into 4cm squares
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g baby button mushrooms, halved
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 x 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 250ml / 1 cup mushroom stock
- 80ml / ⅓ cup fresh cream
- 2 Tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Fluffy white rice
- Blanched peas
- Preheat oven to 160˚C.
- Cut the stewing beef into large pieces and toss with flour.
- In a large pot, sear the beef with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a fresh drizzle of olive oil (if necessary) and sweat the onion. Once the onion is soft, add the red peppers and garlic. Allow to cook until the peppers have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the paprika, crushed tomatoes, and stock. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Put the lid on the pot and place it in the oven for 1.5 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and add the mushrooms.
- Place on a low burner and reduce until the goulash thickens.
- Finish the goulash with cream and parsley.
- Serve over rice alongside freshly blanched peas.
Beef & Mushroom Goulash Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.