What better way to use your times indoors productively than by whipping up something delicious in the kitchen? So go ahead and try this delicious Beef and Mushroom burger recipe.
These burgers come ridiculously cheap when calculating per person cost. And they’re quick and easy to make – only 35 minutes of preparation time! If you’re vegetarian, you can also easily adjust the recipe and leave out the mince, just using the mushrooms to create a delicious, healthy burger.
Recipe serves 4.
- 250g extra lean beef mince
- 250g button mushrooms, chopped and pan-fried
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 125ml dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 20ml tomato sauce
- 10ml Worcestershire sauce
- 15ml oil
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 handful rocket
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 50ml Greek yoghurt
- 15ml lemon juice
- 2ml freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the mince, mushrooms, onion and bread crumbs together. Add the egg, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together well and season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into four patties and allow to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the oil. Fry the patties on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- Place the patties onto kitchen towelling to drain.
- To serve, cut the rolls in half, arrange the patty and the rest of the ingredients on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt, lemon juice and black pepper together and add a dollop to each hamburger.
There you go, a delicious and simple Beef and Mushroom burger recipe! As mentioned, you can easily adjust the recipe and leave out the mince to turn this into a vegetarian recipe.
Tip: If you have extra patty mixture leftover, form into meatballs to use for your next cooking adventure!
Recipe courtesy of The South African Mushroom Farmers’ Association. I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We just completed a series of Ciao Gusto recipes, Sous Chef recipes, and, last year, we partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online for healthy and delicious treats! Check out our full Recipes Archive.