You won’t want “real burgers” ever again once you’ve tried this delicious Banting Double Mushroom Cheeseburger recipe!
Many people who first turn to a low-carb diet miss their pizzas and burgers – but you can achieve even greater taste sensations by cutting out carb alternatives and just sticking to meat and vegetables.
This low carb burger recipe gives you an idea of how to do just that.
Recipe serves 2.
- 4 big mushrooms
- 5ml oil
- 15ml bbq sauce
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 2 beef or chicken burgers, cooked
- 2 cheese slices (optional)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- A few lettuce leaves
- 30ml mayonnaise*
* That Mayo, which we’ve linked to, is one of the best mayos you’ll ever try – it’s positively addictive!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly brush the mushrooms with oil and bbq sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and baste with the bbq sauce.
- Turn the mushrooms over and baste again. Bake for 5-7 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Use the mushrooms as ‘buns’ and fill with a burger, slice of cheese (optional), red onion slices, tomato slices, lettuce and mayonnaise.
- Serve at once.
Banting Double Mushroom Cheeseburger Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.