This Artichoke & White Button Mushroom Salad recipe is the perfect mix to spice up any summer’s day. Enjoy on its own or as a start for a full meal.
We’ve paired this salad with a delicious gin and tonic cocktail using Cape Fynbos Gin.
The earthy tones of the mushrooms and the mild lemony taste from the artichokes harmonise and add complexity to this gin and tonic. The Cape Fynbos Gin’s sweet smoothness also works well with the acidity of the dressing, creating a sumptuous pairing.
Artichoke & White Button Mushroom Salad
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 60ml olive oil
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Handful fresh coriander
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 Mediterranean cucumber
- 100g radish
- 1 x 390g tin artichoke hearts
- 80g mixed baby leaves
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- Slice button mushrooms into quarters and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with the vinegar, olive oil, chilli, oregano, and a good amount of salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Add coriander and red onion to the bowl. Toss well and set aside.
- Using a mandolin (or very sharp knife), slice ribbons of cucumber and thin rounds of radish.
- Drain the artichoke hearts.
- Add the cucumber ribbons, radish, and artichoke hearts to the large bowl of marinating mushrooms. Give everything a gentle toss.
- Arrange the baby leaves in a large, shallow salad bowl. Top with the dressed mushroom and veggie mix.
- Finally, crumble over the feta and finish with pumpkin seeds for crunch.
- 50ml Cape Fynbos Gin
- 150ml pink tonic water
- Fresh sprigs of local fynbos
- Place the gin in the freezer for a few hours to cool before making your salad OR fill a shaker with ice and quickly shake the gin over ice to cool.
- Pour into a coupe and top with pink tonic. Garnish with fresh fynbos.
Artichoke & White Button Mushroom Salad Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.