This week we’re presenting you with the second edition of the I Love Foodies feature of Swan Blog winter warmer recipes. The winter recipe treat? A delicious Mushroom, Chicken, and Buckwheat Noodle Soup. How amazing does this look? We hope you have the best of fun making it! Don’t forget that you can check out last week’s Sweet Corn & Scallion Loaf with Homemade Ricotta winter recipe here.
Winter Recipe: Mushroom, Chicken and Buckwheat Noodle Soup
- Yield: About 6 servings
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2½ cups selection of mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 20g dried porcini
- 4 scallions, sliced, with white and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp. peeled & grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 170g buckwheat noodles
- 2 cups shredded & cooked chicken
- 200g baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Tenderstem, blanched
- Mange tout, sliced
- Baby radish & carrot
- Fresh ginger, finely sliced
- Selection of mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, dried porcini, white scallion parts, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the buckwheat noodles to the pot and cook at a boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and bok choy and cook 2 minutes more, until noodles are tender and bok choy is wilted and slightly softened. Stir in the lime juice and soy sauce. Adjust seasoning with salt if needed.
- Top with your selection vegetables, stir through the veg to heat & soften with the broth and enjoy!
And there you go, a delicious winter recipe of Mushroom, Chicken and Buckwheat Noodle Soup. If you’ve missed last week’s Sweet Corn & Scallion Loaf recipe, you can get it here.
Check our more I Love Foodies recipes here.