I’ve never really been big on potatoes. But trying Veganuary earlier this year has left me no option but to explore these spuds a little more. And one of my favourite things to make? You’ll find out in this vegan smashed potatoes recipe below.
And, yes, it’s smashed, not mashed.
This recipe is part of a Schwartz Chilli Recipe* series. Our previous recipe was for a gorgeous gluten-free and vegan lentil and mushroom pilaf. Check it out here.
- 750g baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed chilli
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp onion granules
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 215ºC.
- Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Wash potatoes, add to boiling water.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Mix all spices with oil and toss potatoes in the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with silver foil (less cleaning) and grab a fork and slightly push down on your potatoes until it gives way. (Try not to completely smash them. Trust me, it happens, and they go flying.)
- Sprinkle with more chilli.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes.
*Schwartz was kind enough to gift us with their chilli for a sponsored post. The recipe and review of the product are our own. You can re-create the recipe with products of your choosing.
All I Love Foodies Original Recipes in the UK are created by Kassandra Bruni. Keen to check out some of our other recipes? We just completed a series of Ciao Gusto recipes, Sous Chef recipes, and, last year, we partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online for healthy and delicious treats! Check out our full Recipes Archive.