Vegan Pancake Recipe
The last few weeks for Green Monday, we’ve been looking at some hearty recipes: Herb-Stuffed Tomatoes, Butternut Soup, Creamy Beet Soup. But this week we’re back to tasty treats with this vegan pancake recipe. Perfect for breakfast, dinner, or in-between treats. Coz, really, who needs an excuse to make pancakes?
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 ½ cups of water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 levelled teaspoon of bicarb soda
- 1 levelled teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold in.
- Add a drop of oil to a Crêpe Pan.
- Use a soup spoon to had a batch of pancake mixture to the pan.
- Cook until ends curl up and flip over to other side.
- Sprinkle cinnamon in the middle, roll up and enjoy.
Hungry yet? Let us know what you think when you make these!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Pieter Kotze for HSI/Africa.