Vegan Nutty Noodles Recipe
This week for Green Monday, we’re exploring this vegan nutty noodles recipe with peanut sauce. It’s quick and easy, and always delicious, regardless of whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining a group of friends.
Don’t forget to also check out our full Vegan Archives here.
Recipe serves 6.
- 450g whole-grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons raw ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups (340g) peanut butter, smooth unsalted
- 1 cup (225ml) rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (60g) sugar
- ⅓ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- ½ cup (115ml) water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1kg frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Drain well.
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic cloves.
- In a blender or food processor, purée the peanut butter with the ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, water, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the vegetable medley until just tender. Season to taste.
- Toss the cooled spaghetti with the cooked vegetable medley and peanut sauce until well coated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Recipe & photo courtesy of HSI/Africa.