Who says you can’t make a delicious vegan lasagna? To prove that it can be, we’ve collaborated with Ciao Gusto Italian Deli* to bring you this uber-delicious vegan sundried tomato, artichoke and walnut lasagna recipe. It’s perfect for any day of the week – and any season – and guaranteed to keep your taste buds happy! What’s more: We’ve also included alternative ingredients so you can easily turn this into a vegetarian recipe as well.
- 1x jar Ponti sundried tomato (240g)
- 1x jar Ponti artichokes (240g)
- Jar onions in balsamic vinegar (260g)
- 2 tbsp Ponti matured balsamic vinegar (30ml)
- 100g walnuts
- 500g passata
- 250g lasagna sheets
- 25g fresh basil
- 80ml drained oil from sun-dried tomatoes & artichokes (or 130g margarine if not vegan)
- 500ml oat milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 3 tbsp flour (45g)
- 15g nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Break the walnuts into smaller pieces and toast them in a pan until browned. Be careful not to burn them. Keep tossing them about. Then set aside.
- Drain and keep the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes for the béchamel sauce.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes and artichokes into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Slice the onions into slithers.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onions, walnuts and balsamic vinegar in a bowl big enough to toss around.
Time to make your béchamel:
- On medium heat, add the drained oil in a saucepan and gradually add the flour, and whisk.
- Gradually add the warm oat milk to the saucepan. Keep whisking to avoid clumps. Whisk until smooth and thick.
- Add spices – nutmeg, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Time to assemble your lasagna:
- Spread a thick layer of passata at the bottom.
- Add lasagna sheets and cover area.
- Spread a layer of the béchamel.
- Add half the onions, artichokes, sundried tomato and balsamic mixture over the béchamel.
- Add the basil. Keep some for garnishing.
- Then, add more lasagna sheets.
- Repeat until the dish is full, finishing with a layer of béchamel on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
And there you have it, a delicious vegan lasagna recipe! All Ciao Gusto Ponti ingredients are on sale March 2020, and you can enjoy 15% off your purchases. So what are you waiting for?
*ingredients made available by Ciao Gusto and purchased through Ocado.
All I Love Foodies Original Recipes in the UK are created by Kassandra Bruni. Keen to check out some of our other recipes? Some of our recently published recipes include a Mushroom & Lentil Pilaf, a guide on how to make ponzu sauce, and a delicious South-East Asian Chicken Stew! Also check out our full Recipes Archive.