Vegan Hearty Veg Salad Recipe
This week for Green Monday, we’re exploring this vegan hearty veg salad recipe. It packs a punch, is hearty and filling, and perfect to keep things satisfying but meat-free!
Don’t forget to also check out our full Vegan Archives here.
Recipe serves 4.
For the salad:
- 360g potatoes / baby potatoes
- 360g beetroot
- Also, 360g diced butternut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 40g fresh rocket
- ½ small tub pomegranate arils
- A good grind salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Dice potatoes and beetroot. Mix with diced butternut
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread out the roasting veg on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Place in the oven to roast for about 75 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and stirring until completely combined.
- Put your rocket into your serving dish and top with the roasted veg and pomegranate arils.
- Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoon of dressing.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Green Dietitian for HSI/Africa.