Last week we brought you a delicious vegan lasagna recipe, using ingredients by Ciao Gusto Italian Deli. This week we’re continuing our collaboration with Ciao Gusto to bring you a Vegan Cauliflower Mash & Zoodles Recipe, served together with a caper and green olive tapenade. Enjoy!
- 1 zucchini (spiraliser needed, or you could make ribbons with a speedy peeler)
- 30ml Ponti balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Jar capers (95g)
- 1 jar green pitted olives (250g)
- 1 tsp chopped chilli (used frozen herbs by Daregal, available at Sainsbury’s)
- 2 tbsp parsley (used frozen herbs by Daregal, available at Sainsbury’s)
- One lemon & the zest of the lemon
- 1 tsp garlic (used frozen herbs by Daregal, available at Sainsbury’s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 200ml water
- 10g nutritional yeast
- 1 bay leaf
- 100-150ml tiger nut milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Spiralise zucchini for zoodles or take your speedy peeler lengthwise to make ribbons.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine with zucchini and let it marinate until needed.
- Roughly chop your onion. Fry with olive oil in a pot. Add broken down cauliflower and fry for a couple of minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and water and boil until soft and tender. About 15-20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, make your tapenade.
- After it’s cooked separate stock from cauliflower. Blend the cauliflower. Add the milk and blend until creamy smooth. Add nutritional yeast, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Wash and zest your lemon.
- Add capers, olives, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, parsley, garlic, chopped chilli, salt and pepper to a blender and pulse until combined. Keep it chunky. Set aside.
Add all together and, voila, a delicious dish ready to be served! Enjoy!
*ingredients made available by Ciao Gusto and purchased through Ocado.
All I Love Foodies Original Recipes in the UK are created by Kassandra Bruni. Keen to check out some of our other recipes? Some of our recently published recipes include a Mushroom & Lentil Pilaf, a guide on how to make ponzu sauce, and a delicious South-East Asian Chicken Stew! Also check out our full Recipes Archive.