This week we’re featuring a delicious Tomato & Mushroom Dhal recipe that will certainly leave your taste buds wanting more. What’s more, this recipe is stuffed with immune-boosting ingredients, making its warm, steamy goodness great for cooler days and the inevitable flu season.
Recipe serves 4-6. Enjoy!
- 30ml oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 15ml curry paste
- 400g portabellini mushrooms, halved
- 1 x 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 410g tins brown lentils, drained
- 45ml plain yoghurt or thick cream
- 30ml fresh coriander, chopped
To serve (optional):
- Naan bread
- Toasted coconut
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ginger, curry paste and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and lentils and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top with yoghurt or cream and coriander.
- Serve with rice or naan bread, raita, and/or toasted coconut. You can also have as is, if desired.
Want to mix it up? Try adding a variety of other flavourful mushrooms to this recipe for that extra goodness!
Want more mushroom recipes? Try these:
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We’ve recently completed recipe collaborations with Ciao Gusto (Vegan Lasagna), Sous Chef (Vegan Banoffee Pie, Butter Bean Dip, South-East Asian Chicken Stew) and Buy Whole Foods Online (Mince Pies, Amaretto Date Balls, Honey Cinnamon Oat Flour Cake).
Also check out our full Recipes Archive.