Mother’s Day is around the corner and if you’re still looking for the perfect recipe to surprise your mommy dearest, then this just may be it. Adding a twist to a classic breakfast, this roasted portabello mushroom recipe delights with prosciutto and vine tomatoes. It requires minimal ingredients and is simple to make.
Recipe serves 4. Enjoy!
- 8 large portabello mushrooms
- 350g small vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 slices prosciutto or speck
- Handful fresh micro herbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Place mushrooms and tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and tomatoes from the oven and pile a piece of prosciutto on top of each mushroom. Scrunch it and fold it so there are plenty of sticking-out bits of prosciutto to get nice and crispy. Roast for a further 10 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp and the mushrooms are fully cooked, beginning to brown, and tomatoes are bursting.
- Serve straight from the oven, scattered with micro herbs and a side of crusty bread.
Of course, this roasted portabello mushroom recipe is perfect for every other occasion, be it a leisurely breakfast, a light lunch, or as a starter for a fancy dinner!
I Love Foodies also creates original recipes. Keen to check some of these out? We just completed a series of Ciao Gusto recipes, Sous Chef recipes, and, last year, we partnered with Buy Whole Foods Online for healthy and delicious treats! Check out our full Recipes Archive.