So if you’ve missed all the excitement, I Love Foodies recently did an InstaEats South Africa Instagram takeover, featuring all our favourite quick and easy recipes.
This week as our recipes feature, we’ll be sharing something super simple but super yummy with you. A quick light meal that’s perfect as a starter, snack, or full meal: Stuffed tomatoes!
- Large tomatoes
- Fresh herbs
- Ham (optional)
- Cut a small hole into the top of the tomatoes and use a small teaspoon to take out all the insides.
- Finely chop fresh herbs, mushrooms, and ham and mix together.
- Squeeze mixture into the tomatoes as tightly as possible.
- Cover with slices of cheese.
- Put tomatoes under a grill/in the oven until they become soft and cheese molten.
- Voila, ready to munch!
I made a vegetarian meal without the ham, but the ham definitely adds some nice flavour. You can also add any other ingredients that you think are fitting, though the one’s I’ve used are my staples. Guaranteed to be super quick, super simple, and super yum!