We’re almost at the end of the InstaEats South Africa Instagram takeover experience, and have only two more recipes to go!
Today we’re sharing a very special and super simple meal with you – Stuffed Butternut. It’s easy to make and results in absolute magic!
- A medium-sized butternut
- Mince meat
- Fresh herbs
- Spices (I used salt, black pepper, parsley, paprika, and a lovely Shiraz-infused Braai Spice)
- First up you’re gonna have to cook that butternut, so cut it in half, length-wise, and pop it in a pot or a microwave until it’s soft.
- In the meantime, you can fry the mince meat in a little butter until it’s quite dry and crunchy and then add in your sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs. Season as you wish. As mentioned above, I always use my braai spice, a little salt and pepper, and tons of paprika.
- Once the butternut is done, scoop out the insides with a small spoon, leaving a fleshy outer layer, then proceed to squeeze the mince-mushroom-herb mixture into the butternut bowl.
- Grate some cheese and sprinkle it on top of the mince and then put the whole thing under the grill for a little while until the cheese is completely molten.
Voila, quick and easy and oh-so-delicious meal!