Today I’ll be sharing another breakfast with you, but a delightful yummy one that’s basically good for any time of day – stewed fruit! I like eating it for breakfast with yoghurt, but you can also add custard and have it for dessert. But here are the basics.
- Apples, pears, any other fruit you want to add (raisins, prunes, and dried cherries work well)
- Plain yoghurt (I like the Woolies Double Cream one)
- Fresh lemon
- Cinnamon sticks
- Vanilla powder
- All Spice
- First up, add a tiny amount of water to a pot and add in your spices – All Spice, cloves, and cinnamon. Add just enough water to cover the spices, and then bring to a boil to draw out the flavour.
- In the meantime, peel your apples and pears (I kept it simple and only used unpeeled apples, but peeling generally works better) and cut into quarters or smaller.
- Once water has come to a boil, add in all the fruit and a little more water, turn down the heat, and let everything simmer. This will take a little while – you want your fruit to become soft but not falling-apart squishy.
- Once fruit is just about ready, add in a squeeze of lemon and vanilla powder. Mix well.
- Then, scoop yoghurt into a bowl and cover with your stewed fruit.
- I’ve added chia seeds, linseed, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds for some crunch, but this is entirely optional.
Super yum, super easy!