We’re continuing our Rooibos smoothie adventure, so here’s the next in our recipe series: a Rooibos Nutty Smoothie! Enjoy!
Rooibos Nutty Smoothie
- 1 Serving
- 2 – 3 Rooibos tea bags
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1 – 2 bananas
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut, cashew, or almond butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp liquid honey, optional
- 10 – 15 ml lemon juice
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Put the rooibos bags in a teapot or heatproof jug and pour over the water. Steep for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove the bag. Leave to cool.
- Put the tea, bananas, almond milk, peanut/cashew/almond butter and protein powder into a blender and process until smooth. Sweeten to taste with honey and pour into glasses.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon (optional).
- Serve immediately or transfer to a thermos.
There you go, a quick and easy recipe for a Rooibos Nutty Smoothie. Stay tuned for our last Rooibos smoothie recipe next week!
Want to know why we love Rooibos? It’s really good for you – read all about it here.