As an additional feature to our Pesto Princess hamper give-away last week, we’d like so share one more recipe with you: Pizza with Chermoula Paste! This brings our Pesto Celebration to an end, but we’ll share recipes with you in the future as we get them. For now, enjoy, and, as always, happy munching!
Exotic Pizza with Chermoula Paste
For four yummy pizzas.
- 4 prepared pizza bases (you can buy these pre-made or check out some online recipes to make your own)
- 1 large aubergine, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste
- Jar of Napolitana sauce, pre-bought, or your own choice of tomato base
- 300g grated mozzarella
- 2 x 100g soft goat’s cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil
- Heat your oven to 260°C.
- Brush the aubergine slices with olive oil and sear in a pan on both sides. Season lightly.
- Spread a thin layer of Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste over the base of your pizza.
- Top with a thin layer of Napolitana sauce.
- Sprinkle on a thin covering of grated mozzarella. Top with the grilled aubergines.
- Break the goat’s cheese into morsels and scatter these between the aubergines.
- Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the edges crisp and brown.
- Scatter torn basil leaves over the top
- Slice and serve.