Ever thought of making your own burgers? Home-made is the way to go and super easy too! Don’t let a strict diet restrict your taste buds. Burgers are always seen as unhealthy, but it’s really all about how you prepare them. Always opt for lean minced beef – it’s a good source of protein as well as iron, vitamin B12 and CoQ10. Try out these tasty Moroccan burgers, something the whole family will love.
Moroccan Beef Burgers
- Serves 4
- Gluten-free / Sugar-free
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 aubergine, very finely chopped
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup quinoa, boiled until cooked
- 2 handfuls of sprouts
- Sweat aubergine: Chop and lay out on a paper towel, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry before cooking.
- Finely chop aubergine and onion and fry in coconut oil until cooked.
- Add 3 heaped Tbsp of the onion and aubergine to mince along with the egg and spices.
- Mix into the mince (do not over-mix).
- Shape into burger patties.
- Optional: Brush with soya sauce on both sides (this option is not gluten-free).
- Add to a hot pan/coals and fry for at least 3 minutes before turning over.
- Once cooked to your preference, remove from heat and prepare to plate.
- Spoon a serving of quinoa on to the middle of your plate.
- Top with a large spoonful of onion & aubergine mixture.
- Top with burger patty.
- Top with avocado and sprouts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
These Moroccan Beef Burgers sound amazing, right? For more Finding Frost recipes, visit the official website here.