So last week we started our journey of exploring Rooibos smoothies with a Chai Rooibos Smoothie (yum), and we’ll continue this today with a Green Rooibos Smoothie. Sound weird, right? Read on!
Green Rooibos Smoothie
- 1 Serving
- 1 small apple, cored
- 5 cm piece cucumber
- 1 stalk celery, including leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, including stems
- 1 cup baby greens (your choice of spinach, chard, kale)
- 1/8 slice of lemon (including rind)
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp chia or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup brewed Green Rooibos tea, chilled
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add ice cubes one at a time until fully crushed and mixed.
- Serve immediately.
There you go, a super yummy Green Rooibos Smoothie! Enjoy!