Another goodie for our Claire Allen recipe feature. As promised, it’s a good one. So enjoy this dessert recipe: Crème Brulee Rice Pudding!
Crème Brulee Rice Pudding
- 1 cup (225g) rice
- 4 cups (1L) whole milk
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2-4 Tbsp (20g) caster sugar (or more to taste)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Extra sugar, to brulee
- Place the rice, milk and cream into a large saucepan. Split the vanilla bean down its length and scrape out the seeds, then add both the seeds and the bean to the pan.
- Put the pan over a medium-low heat, and cook for 45mins to an hour, or until the rice is cooked through, with the consistency of a thick custard.
- Take the pan off the heat, remove the vanilla bean and stir through sugar and the cinnamon. Taste, and add extra if desired.
- Pour the rice pudding into 4 ramekins or small serving dishes, and place in the fridge to chill completely.
Place ¾ cup of sugar into a pan and heat without stirring until it becomes an amber caramel. Pour carefully over the rice pudding, and carefully tilt the ramekins to distribute the caramel.
- Leave the caramel to set, and then serve!
Sound delicious? Oh yeah! This Crème Brulee Rice Pudding was the last in our Claire Allen recipe series. Hope you enjoyed it. For more on Claire, check out her website here.