Summer is almost around the corner. Or is it there already? With Cape Town you never know! But coz we can’t contain our excitement, we’ve started converting winter tea into summer smoothies – and fully celebrating proudly South African with all things Rooibos! So as our next recipe feature you’ll get to enjoy some delicious Rooibos smoothies, starting off with today’s Chai Rooibos Smoothie!
Chai Rooibos Smoothie
- 1 Serving
- 1/4 cup of brewed Chai Rooibos tea, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 medium-ripe banana
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 or 2 tbs of raw honey
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- Optional: Protein powder
- Ice cubes: Couple of handfuls
- Add all of the above ingredients and ice to a blender
- Blend until creamy smooth
- Garnish with banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired
So, there you go, a delicious Chai Rooibos Smoothie! Enjoy!
P.S. Want to know why Rooibos is good for you? Then check out our article on all the health benefits here.