If you’re following my foodie journey on Instagram, then you would’ve seen that this week I’m doing a whole bunch of recipes as part of my InstaEats South Africa takeover. In a nutshell, InstaEats has asked me to take over their account for a week and post a recipe a day for seven days. I’ve been posting these recipes since Monday, but thought I’d collect them all to feature on the website so you can keep on going back to them if need be. I’ll be doing this in seven parts, as with the Instagram account, and post the recipes over the next few weeks. So here we go 🙂
Breakfast a la Benike
As I explained on Instagram, ‘Breakfast a la Benike’ is basically just my favourite breakfast. I’ve always loved a good, simple breakfast with exciting flavours, so one of my favourite things to make is creamy scrambled eggs. The actual ingredients differ from time to time (depending on what I have in the fridge), but this is the general gist of it.
- Rosa Tomatoes
- Truffle Oil
- Spring Onions
- Fresh Herbs
- To start off, heat up butter in a pan.
- Add onions and tomatoes to fry brown and sweet.
- While that’s cooking away, mix two eggs with a dash of milk and beat with a fork.
- Also cut up spring onions finely and mix with fresh herbs and truffle oil to create a dressing.
- When onions and tomatoes are done, remove from pan, and add in egg mixture.
- Leave in for a minute or two only until done but still creamy.
- Serve scrambled eggs on top of onion and tomato bed, molten cheese on top of eggs optional, and finish off with the spring onion dressing.
If you’re a bread eater you can change the order a bit – sprinkle the spring onion and truffle oil mixture on to a slice of sourdough bread, and then top with scrambled eggs and the tomato and onion mixture.
Voila, perfect breakfast!