If you’re craving an immune-boost, then try this raw mushroom superfood salad recipe. Deliciousness guaranteed.
Did you know? October is the month for the annual Power of Pink campaign. Buy any pink mushroom punnets from Pick n Pick stores to help raise funds for breast cancer survivors.
Recipe serves 4-6.
- 1 cup / 200g mixed red & white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ± 200g tenderstem broccoli
- ± 200g cooked spelt
- 250g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 50g baby leafy greens/rocket/watercress/herbs
- 40g raw almonds
- ¼ cup / 50g fresh pomegranate rubies
- 1 large red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp salt
*Make this ahead of time
For the pickled onions:
- Pack the sliced onions into a heat-proof glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, maple syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Carefully pour the hot mixture into the jar over the onions.
- Press the onions down with a spoon so they are submerged by the vinegar mixture.
- Allow to cool.
- Seal and refrigerate.
For the salad:
- Rinse quinoa well in a sieve with cold running water. Transfer to a pot with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Steam tenderstem broccoli for a few minutes until just tender but still crunchy.
- Roughly chop and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooled quinoa, cooked spelt, sliced mushrooms, diced avocado, leafy greens and a handful of pickled onions into a large mixing bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer tossed salad into a large bowl and scatter with almonds and pomegranate rubies.
- Dress with a little olive oil and pickled onion juice just before serving.
Raw Mushroom Superfood Salad Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.