What’s better for a holiday than anything paired with a delicious bubbly? This week’s Portabello & Lemony Ricotta Puff Pastry Tart recipe is paired with the award-winning Krone MCC for the very best delightful feast.
The recipe below relies on pre-made puff pastry. If you’ve ever made puff pastry yourself, you know it’s quite a mission.
But, if you have the time and you’re feeling adventurous, you could give this a try as well. This BBC recipe will take you through the steps of how to make puff pastry yourself.
If you’re daunted by the prep time, don’t worry. Ready-made puff pastry is easy to find in supermarkets!
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 250g smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 handful fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 6 large portabello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Baby greens/rocket for serving
- Place the sheet of puff pastry on a tray lined with baking paper and score a border 2cm in from the edge all the way around. Prick the pastry centre using a fork. Leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220˚C with an empty baking sheet in it to get hot.
- When the oven reaches temperature, carefully lift up the puff pastry using the baking paper and place it onto the hot tray. Blind bake the puff pastry sheet until golden brown all over (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Press down the centre of the pastry so you are left with a puffy border.
- Whisk the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano together. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture into the centre of the tart. Top with portabello mushrooms and season them well.
- Toss the baby greens in a little olive oil & lemon juice and scatter them over the tart before serving.
Portabello & Lemony Ricotta Puff Pastry Tart Recipe Notes
Also, check out our full Recipes Archive.
*Disclaimer: This article contains some affiliate links. Affiliate relationships allow us to earn a small commission on sales if you click over from our site. This does not affect the purchasing price. Affiliates help us to finance I Love Foodies. We appreciate your support.